Today we are cooking with Indian restaurant Namaste. We will be making Samosa!
What you need:
- 1 cup all purpose flour (Maida)
- Water to Knead dough
- 2tbsp oil
- Little salt
- 1/4th tsp. Ajwain
- 3-4 Potatoes (boiled, peeled & mashed)
- 1/2 cup Green Peas (boiled)
- 1/2tsp Garlic (crushed)
- 1tbsp coriander seed
- 1tbs cumin seeds jeera
- Few chopped Cashews
- Few Raisins
- 1/2tsp coriander powder
- ½ tbs turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder to taste
- 1-2 Green Chilies (OPTIONAL)
How to make samosa?
- Mix all the ingredients (salt, oil, ajwain) except water.
- Add a little water at a time.
- Pat and knead well for several times into a soft pliable dough.
- Cover it with moist Muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl add mashed potatoes and all dry masalas, green chilles, garlic and mix well.
- Add green peas, cashews and raisins and mix well.
- Make small rolls of dough and roll it into a 4″-5″ diameter circle.
- Cut it into two parts like semi-circle.
- Now take one semi circle and fold it like a cone. Use water while doing so.
- Place a spoon of filling in the cone and seal the third side using a drop of water.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry till golden brown (fry on a medium flame).
- Serve samosa hot with hari chutney, tamarind chutney.
THE Slovenia restaurants 2019- TOP 201
THE Slovenia Restaurants features the very best in Slovenian dining, chefs and restaurants.
The book that placed Slovenia on the culinary map of the world.