As Slovenia welcomes the festive spirit of St. Martin and the enchanting onset of winter, the November 2023 events calendar is brimming with events that offer a true taste of the country’s cultural diversity and culinary prowess.
- November Gourmet Ljubljana (3 – 30 Nov): Dive into Ljubljana’s free-of-charge culinary event celebrating the finest local and international cuisines.
- Days of Cod (3 – 19 Nov): Indulge in the coastal flavors of cod at this seafood-focused festival in Izola.
- St. Martin’s Festival in the Karst (4 – 12 Nov): Sežana invites you to celebrate St. Martin’s Day with delightful wine and traditional festivities.
- Persimmon Days (10 – 13 Nov) & 20th Persimmon Festival (10 – 12 Nov): Visit Strunjan to enjoy the sweet, seasonal persimmons in various culinary creations.
- Slovenian Wine Festival (16 – 17 Nov): Immerse yourself in Slovenia’s rich wine culture at this festival in Ljubljana.
- Wine Route (17 – 18 Nov): Kranj invites you to its two-day wine route event.
- Tastes of Bela krajina | Gostilna Kapušin (18 Nov): Experience the unique flavors of Bela krajina in Gradac.
- 5th Concert of the Tartini String Quartet (7 Nov): Enjoy a night of classical music in Ljubljana for €20.
- LIFFe – 34th Ljubljana International Film Festival (8 – 19 Nov): Film enthusiasts can revel in a selection of international cinema at this free-of-charge festival in Ljubljana.
- Feast of St. Martin (8 – 12 Nov): Laško offers a free celebration of wine and tradition for St. Martin’s Day.
Music and Performances
- Manca Fekonja, jazz solo & Sara Hartman, horn (9 Nov): Ljubljana hosts the 5th Concert of International Music Cycle Young Virtuosi with free entry.
- The King’s Singers (14 Nov): Enjoy an evening with the world-renowned a cappella group in Ljubljana.
- Valentina Lučković, cello & Anja Ovaskainen, violin (23 Nov): Attend the 6th Concert of the International Music Cycle Young Virtuosi in Ljubljana for free.
Wine and Festivity
- Saint’s Martin Day (10 Nov): Velenje and Bela Krajina, among other places, honor St. Martin with free festivities featuring wine and cultural entertainment.
- The Feast of St. Martin in Maribor (10 – 11 Nov): Join Maribor as it celebrates St. Martin’s Day with free events and joyous revelry.
- Saint Martin’s Day 2023 & ST. MARTIN ‘S DAY CELEBRATION (11 Nov): Ptuj becomes the heart of St. Martin’s festivities with wine-filled merriment.
- Wine Festival in Štanjel (11 Nov): Štanjel welcomes wine aficionados to a festival dedicated to the region’s best vintages.
- Martin’s Feast Untouched by light (11 Nov): In Bled, for €79, experience a unique celebration of St. Martin’s Day in the dark.
- Traditional St Martin’s Day celebration (Martinovanje) (11 Nov): Koper’s streets come alive with traditional celebrations of St. Martin’s Day.
- St. Martin’s Day in Posavje (11 Nov): Krško commemorates St. Martin’s Day with local wine and festivities.
- St. Martin’s Fest in Gornja Radgona (11 Nov): Enjoy the festivities in Gornja Radgona with no entry fee.
- Welcome Wine (11 Nov): Celebrate the new wine season in Celje.
- St. Martin’s Day in Šmarjeta (11 Nov): Join the celebrations in Šmarješke Toplice.
- St. Martin’s day in Šmartno (11 – 12 Nov): Experience the traditions of St. Martin’s Day in Šmartno.
- The Ljubljana Wine Route (11 Nov): Traverse through Ljubljana’s wine route and sample the best of local vintages.
- St. Martin’s Day in Slovenske Konjice (11 Nov): Delight in the wine celebrations of Slovenske Konjice.
- St. Martin’s Sunday in Gaj (12 Nov): Spend a Sunday immersed in the wine culture of Filovci.
- 5th St. Martin’s hike – discovering the cultural heritage and gastronomy of Brda (12 Nov): Explore Brda’s heritage and gastronomy on a festive hike in Vipolže.
Sports and Tradition
- 23rd Balkan Karate Championships (17 – 19 Nov): Witness top athletes compete in Ljubljana for €20.
- Christmas lights (18 Nov – 7 Jan): The town of Radomlje begins its festive season with the illumination of Christmas lights; an entrance fee applies to the park.
- Folk Music Hit Parade 2023 (18 Nov): Join the folk music celebrations in Bled.
- Hiking in the Footsteps of Matija Vertovec (19 Nov): Discover the trails of Vipava in the company of history and nature.
- Koline 2023 Festival in the Green Karst (21 Nov – 6 Dec): Celebrate the traditional pig-slaughtering customs of Slovenia for €50 in Razdrto.
From the rolling hills of Brda to the historic streets of Ljubljana, Slovenia’s November events are a testament to its vibrant culture. Whether you’re raising a glass to St. Martin, wandering in the footsteps of local legends, or enjoying the harmonious melodies of international musicians, Slovenia’s November offerings are not to be missed.