The recipe for new 100 % plant-based hit burger
The year 2019 is not even over and it has already proved to be ground-breaking for Slovenian cuisine. The trend of plant-based burgers which taste like the “real deal” (made of beef) finally made it to this side of Alps. A local company The Amaze Foods first presented their 100% plant-based burger in Organic Garden restaurant in Ljubljana this summer with such a success that it seems nothing can stop it.
Picnics in Slovenia will never be the same
The number of places where you can find their burgers is growing day in day out. The Amaze Foods team sure has a lot to be proud of because they already showed they are going for the big league. Their burgers are already available in Hofer which was the first of the big merchants that put The Amaze burger Juicy one on their shelves.
The feedback of the Hofer customers was the best possible: the entire stock was sold out in just two days in most stores across Slovenia. After fast restock, the new shipment was sold out again in no time. It is needless to say their next step is international sales and they have already entered Austrian and Italian markets.
The secret of their success lies in a burger itself. It is 100% made of plants and has everything that you expect from the burger: the beefy looks, the smoky smell, and – it is really juicy. Juicy one is packed with pea-only proteins and has all the nutritious qualities of meat without any negative effects for the environment. It contains even more proteins than a burger made of meat. At the same time, it contains 0% of cholesterol, 0% of gluten and no additives.
Its production is incomparably more environment-friendly because they use 95% less water, 90% less land, and produce 85% less GHG emissions. In that sense, they do not offer a meatless alternative to a meat burger. They offer a more sustainable and environmentally friendly choice for everybody.
Order your Juicy One in The Organic Garden restaurant in Ljubljana, Stari pisker in Celje, Klubar in Kranj and Punkt in Kotlje. You can also find us in Odprta Kuhna food market.
The Amaze cheeseburger recipe
You can also go for a fresh patty and make yourself a plant-based burger to your taste. Find the fresh Juicy One patties in all Hofer stores in Slovenia. Here, we are posting a recipe for The Amaze Cheeseburger by The Amaze Foods founders Kris and Nataša:
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
- 1 small cup tomato ketchup
- 1 small cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 cup green leaf lettuce, gentile
- 2 small pickles, sliced
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 2 AMAZE Juicy One patties
- 2 slices Violife Cheddar cheese
- 1 red sweet onion, sliced thin
- 2 burger buns with sesame
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
Cocktail sauce: Mix together tomato ketchup and vegan mayonnaise.
1. Heat up a griddle pan, brush the sesame burger bun with melted butter and place down into the griddle pan and toast the bun until golden brown. Remove the bun and keep warm.
2. Wipe the pan clean and add oil to the pan, place the AMAZE Juicy One patty in the pan and cook 3 minutes per side.
3. When the patty is almost finished, add the cheddar cheese to the top and melt.
4. Place cocktail sauce on the bottom bun and add sliced pickles and lettuce. Place patty on top, add tomato and sliced onion, and spoon over the cocktail sauce.
To find out other unique places in Slovenia and features the very best in Slovenian dining, chefs and restaurants all over Slovenia, check out our THE SLOVENIA RESTAURANTS BOOK
Products made with love in Slovenia
Products made with love in Slovenia
(Pre-order) The Slovenia Book NEW Edition – Available for Pre-order NOW (Slovenian)24.99€ Pre-Order Now
PRE-ORDER: The Slovenia Book NEW Edition – Available for Pre-order NOW (French)24.99€ Pre-Order Now
PRE-ORDER: The Slovenia Book NEW Edition – Available for Pre-order NOW (German)24.99€ Pre-Order Now
(Pre-order) The Slovenia Book NEW Edition – Available for Pre-order NOW (English)24.99€ Pre-Order Now