After many months Slovenian government decided to allow the opening of bar terraces. According to Slovenian Economy Minister Zdravko Počivalšek, the government has decided to provide catering services on the terraces and gardens of bars in the Posavje and Southeast statistical regions as of today. This is a proposal that was partly supported by the health advisors.
At a session in Brdo near Kranj, the Slovenian government decided to open the terraces and gardens of restaurants in the SE region and Posavje for a week from today, taking into account strict hygiene and COVID-19 measures.
“However, it should be emphasized that this release brings responsibility. If, after the measures are released, infections increase in these regions, the provision of catering services on terraces will be banned for the yellow phase,” Slovenian Economic Minister Zdravko Pocivalsek wrote on Facebook.
“This is a weekly test period, which will be used as an indicator of whether such a release model can be safely implemented elsewhere in Slovenia, where the epidemiological picture is favorable. Therefore, I appeal to both caterers and guests, to act responsibly and respect measures so we can get back to normal life as soon as possible, ”he added.
Conditions for opening of bar terraces in the yellow regions:
- Catering services for the preparation of food and drinks and serving will be able to be carried out from 6.00 to 19.00, exclusively on the terraces and gardens of restaurants.
- Service will only be allowed behind tables (sitting service), the distance between persons must be at least 1.5 meters and at least 3 meters between the edges of the tables
- A maximum of 4 people can sit at one table.
- The maximum number of people on the terrace or in the garden of the restaurant is calculated according to the size of the terrace
- The maximum number of guests allowed must be visibly displayed at the entrance to the terrace and garden.
- Guests must leave the terraces and gardens of the catering establishments no later than 30 minutes after the end of the permitted catering activity (ie by 7.30 pm).
- Caterers must ensure the removal or. adjusting the use of shared items so that they are not touched by multiple guests in succession.
- It is necessary to ensure hand disinfection for guests before entering and at the exit to the terrace and garden.
- Regular disinfection of tables before changing guests at the table.
- Employees and guests must wear masks at all times,
except when sitting at a table.
- Entry into the closed part of the restaurant is allowed with a mask only for the use of toilets, which must have a suitable disinfectant in a visible place in addition to soap.
- Mandatory testing of employees in restaurants once a week.