There is no need to make a special introduction for Bled. But most probably, Bled Local Selection is something new for you. Since we know you will be visiting Bled soon (again), this is something you should know about.
Bled Local Selection includes products that has always been part of the area and of the tradition and culture there: be it in terms of arts and crafts, food and other costums or stories. They successfully connect the past with the future. Currently, 24 producers hold the Bled Local Selection Certificate and the total of 59 products and dishes are included in the list.
About Bled – Slovenia paradise: Here.
- Bled Cheese
- “Posmodula” with Bohinj minced lard
- Tr’glav – Tepkovec brandy
- Bled Tarot Cards
- Pear-pomace rolls Pletna
- A. Rikli: Water-air-light collection
- Bled’s bird of paradise
- Pr Taufo – House egg pasta
- Bled honey
- A pinch of happiness – salt with dried herbs
- Garden flower – blended herbal tea
- Spring freshness – herbal iced tea
- Apple juice
- Dry apple slices
- Jonagold apples
- A pinch of happiness – a gift package containing salt with dried herbs in awooden container
- Garden flower – a gift package containing a herbal tea blend with a hand-made mug
- Paradise backpacks, purses and cases
- Paradise magnet
- The Gorje bell
- Hazelnut “potica” cake with figs from Bled Island
- Dry “Tepke” pears potica
- Original Bled cream cake
- The “Gorenjska region selection” menu – Grand Hotel Toplice
- 1906 soup
- Nežka’s roast beef
- Honey spoons
- Kitchen utensils
- Zakistar flip flops
- Souvenir in the form of a peacock & a horse
- Let’s connect
- Bled cream cake
More about Bled Selection products: here.
THE Slovenia Shop: here.
Among them are the famous Bled Cream Cake and the construction of the pletna boat, but also lesser known, but indeed highly interesting products, such as the Zakistar flip flops. This intriguing product was inspired by Arnold Rikli, the famous healer who put Bled on the tourist map. The soles of the flip flops are made of small river stones from the Sava River, which massage your feet.
The idea for Bled Local Selection project was found among the locals, among the people who love Bled. They reflect the experience and knowledge of past generations and the power of the land where they grow. Each of the products is carefully selected by an expert committee, which ensures top quality and authenticity.
For more inspiration, check out the video about the Bled Local Selection, which was also awarded at this year’s Fitur Madrid.