We are just a few days away from opening the voting polls for The Slovenian Restaurant Awards 2020, where you, will be able to choose your favorite Slovenian restaurants of 2020!
The voting goes live on March 1st.
Countdown the days with us on social media and get notified as soon as the voting goes live, here.
WHO IS THE SELECTION OF THE BEST SLOVENIAN RESTAURANTS FOR?
Food and wine tourism are becoming the fastest-growing sector of the tourism industry, both around the world and in Slovenia. A collection of the best restaurants in Slovenia can help tourists (local and foreign) decide where to go when seeking new culinary horizons. The selection of the best Slovenian restaurants is also meant for the general Slovenian public – how many times do you think about going out for a nice family lunch on Sunday, but have no idea where to go? With the selection of the best Slovenian restaurant, we want to bring awareness of our rich culinary offer and raise the requirement in the general public to demand the best.
Participate in our giveaway, here.
HOW THE VOTING WORKS?
Based on expert criteria and personal experience, the Expert Committee prepared a long list of restaurants, which, based on their review, offer an excellent culinary experience, with their culinary offer and quality of food and service. In accordance with the Slovenian Tourist Board, they divided Slovenia into four regions; Alpine Slovenia, Mediterranean & Karst Slovenia, Thermal Pannonian Slovenia, and Ljubljana & Central Slovenia.
The selection happens in three stages
The wider selection of 250 restaurants was prepared by the Expert Committee, who then turned over their list to the Gastronomic Academy for the vote. Their votes count for 75% of the final grade. Based on the results of the first round of voting, the organizer removes half of the restaurants from the list, and turns over the shortened list to the general public, who’ll be encouraged to vote online and on social networks at the beginning of March 2020. The public’s vote counts for 25% of the final grade.
Get the latest updates about The Slovenian Restaurant Awards 2020, here.
PROFESSIONAL VOTE (Gastronomic Academy):
- When: 1st to 29th February 2020
- Who will vote: Members of associations that make up the Gastronomic Academy, three representatives from every restaurant, the media and foodies (following the ‘one person, one vote’ rule)
- Who can they vote for: Any of the 250 restaurants, that are part of the selection
PUBLIC VOTE (People’s Vote):
- When: 1st to 31st March 2020
- Who will vote: The entire public (following the ‘one person, one vote’ rule)
- Who can they vote for: Any of the top 100 restaurants, selected by the professional vote
The voting process will finish at the end of March 2020.
The closing event will take place on 5th May 2020 at the Evergreen restaurant in Smlednik. It will be accompanied by the Gourmet 4.0 conference, the awards ceremony and the Fine Dine charity dinner made by the best chefs.
The criteria are clear, the assessment is common
Prerequisite: You only rate restaurants you have eaten at.
- Restaurant (must be open for at least one year)
- Food and drink (variety, quality of ingredients, presentation of dishes, consistency of flavors, innovation and appropriate blending of food and drink)
- Service (greeting, service, way of recommending food and drink and knowledge of the attendant staff)
On this basis, a common uniform assessment of “overall satisfaction” is made when visiting a restaurant.