Almost overnight all over the world tourism came to 0. It is a unique, even scary moment. Catastrophe or a chance to reset and build something new? The #TourismFromZero initiative is the (post)COVID-19 response to get our industries “from zero to hero”.
We have become one of the partners for the Tourism From Zero initiative.
In this article, we teach you what is the Tourism From Zero initiative and how you can join the Tourism From Zero initiative.
Recent weeks and last years’ overtourism issues showed us both the benefits, the relevance, and the limits of the tourism, hospitality and leisure industries for society. At this point, we cannot foresee the future, but we can listen to challenges and start developing solutions:
- How should we IMAGINE tourism now that we have an opportunity to reset the way we do business?
- Which CHANGES would you like to see? If any?
- What are your CHALLENGES and CONCERNS?
- What are your IDEAS and SOLUTIONS to make it through the pandemic AND into a sustainable and innovative future of tourism
Share your thoughts, concerns, ideas, solutions, and challenges with us. Click here.
The purpose of the Tourism From Zero initiative
The purpose of the Tourism From Zero initiative is to provide a one-stop-shop for problems and solutions surrounding travel, tourism, hospitality, and leisure.
They want to:
- Hear from everybody that is negatively or positively affected by the recent drop in travel, tourism, hospitality and leisure activities.
- Analyze this feedback and post it anonymously and aggregated on this website.
- Collect from respondents and co-develop solutions from findings.
- Post solutions and best practices on this website for all. Solutions that work in Brazil might also apply to Austria and vice versa.
- Rekindle tourism, travel, hospitality and leisure activities in an economically viable and responsible way.
From zero to hero
Who and what are we looking for:
- As a RESIDENT, what are the consequences and opportunities of travel restrictions and less travel to your area?
- As a TOURIST, how does COVID-19 affect your current and future travel plans – if at all?
- As a HOTEL, RESTAURANT, TRANSPORTATION, ATTRACTION ETC. business or employee, how are you affected and – if any – what solution are you putting in place?
- As a CONVENTION CENTER, TOURISM OFFICE (CVB, DMO, RTO etc.) what are you faced with and how do you respond to bring tourism back?
The #TourismFromZero initiative is the result of an international collaboration between academics and tourism stakeholders. All insights will be shared anonymously and in an aggregate manner. European GDPR rules apply. The data will not be sold, but will be used by participating academics and professionals to work with their stakeholders to get our industries “from zero to hero”.
Learn more about Tourism From Zero initiative and Tourism 4.0
Last year was a record year for the Slovenian tourism industry, as we recorded as many as 6.2 million tourists. The epidemic of the new coronavirus has severely crippled the tourism industry in our country and abroad.
We recently set down with the project development team from company Arctur and learn a lot about Tourism from Zero initiative and tourism 4.0. Check out our webinar on the topic of Tourism from Zero initiative and tourism 4.0, here.
Become the #TourismFromZero supporter!
Join the initiative here.
Need a #TourismFromZero unique survey code?
Thank you for helping us to get our industries “from zero to hero” as soon as possible.
Destinations, cities, organizations, universities, … get unique #TourismFromZero survey codes to learn about concerns, ideas, and solutions within their communities; and share them with the whole world at the same time through our webpage.
Apply for a code in the survey below and (1) we’ll get in contact with you to assign the code, (2) give you further instructions and (3) information on sharing the data with you when collected.
THE Slovenia book Top 100 Destinations, 2020
This new edition of THE Slovenia Book is packed with tips and advice from our experienced foreign journalists who reside in the country. It doesn’t matter what type of trip you are going on, THE Slovenia Book is a great companion on any visit to Slovenia and is the perfect souvenir to take home with you.
We updated the format of the best seller, changed the pictures, updated the interviews, and checked all the data.