Discover the beauty of Slovenia from the comfort of your home while stuck in quarantine and take a virtual walk around Slovenia.
On the website of Slovenian Tourist Board, you will be able to find new and fresh content for both foreign and domestic Slovenia enthusiasts. With virtual technology, take a stroll through the crystal clear waters, soak up the beauty of the views from the mighty peaks or peek into the mysterious underground world. Let yourself be enchanted by the enchanting city streets and cultural sites. Save them in your heart and look forward to the day when you can meet them in person.
Discover Slovenia on your virtual walkthrough
The new site and content will take you on the virtual tour to more than 30 public access points scattered around Slovenia. Virtual tours are mostly made possible by footage from Boštjan Burger, which has been made available to the public in recent times.
We kindly invite you to explore Slovenia from the comfort of your home. You will be able to discover the following Slovenian sites for free:
- rich collections in some major national museums and galleries: National Museum of Slovenia, National Gallery of Ljubljana, Modern Gallery MG + MSUM, Technical Museum of Slovenia, Posavina Museum Brezice, Regional Museum Maribor, Dolenjska Museum Novo mesto, Regional Museum Ptuj Ormož, Tolmin Museum,
- other interesting museums: Žalec Hop Farming Museum, Piran Underwater Museum, Velenje Coal Mining Museum, Plečnik House,
- virtual walks with unforgettable views of: the Julian Alps and the Triglav National Park, the Kamnik-Savinja Alps and the Karavanke Mountains,
- picturesque images of Slovenian waters: the Lovrenc Lakes, Kozjak Waterfall, Pericnik Waterfall, Bled Wintgar;
- underground world of: Postojna Cave, Cross Cave, Skocjan Caves,
- castles: Ljubljana Castle, Predjama Castle, Bled Castle.
- from the oldest sewing machine to mercury: Potočka zijalka, Hrastovlje, Antony’s tunnel, Old vine
- virtual city wanderings around major cities and towns;
- sightseeing of the Volčji potok Arboretum, driving on the Bohinj railway and excursion along the tracks of the First World War.
Source: Slovenska turistična organizacija