HOW THE VOTING WORKS?
Based on expert criteria and personal experience, the Expert Committee prepared a long list of restaurants, which, based on their review, offer an excellent culinary experience, with their culinary offer and quality of food and service. In accordance with the Slovenian Tourist Board, they divided Slovenia into four regions; Alpine Slovenia, Mediterranean & Karst Slovenia, Thermal Pannonian Slovenia and Ljubljana & Central Slovenia.
The selection happens in three stages
The wider selection of 250 restaurants was prepared by the Expert Committee, who then turned over their list to the Gastronomic Academy for the vote. Their votes count for 75% of the final grade. Based on results of the first round of voting, the organizer removes half of the restaurants from the list, and turns over the shortened list to the general public, who’ll be encouraged to vote online and on social networks at the beginning of March 2020. The public’s vote counts for 25% of the final grade.
PROFESSIONAL VOTE (Gastronomic Academy):
- When: 1st to 29th February 2020
- Who will vote: Members of associations that make up the Gastronomic Academy, three representatives from every restaurant, the media and foodies (following the ‘one person, one vote’ rule)
- Who can they vote for: Any of the 246 restaurants, that are part of the selection
IMPORTANT: In to the second (public) part of the voting advance only the better ranked half of the restaurants from every region!
PUBLIC VOTE (People’s Vote):
- When: 1st to 31st March 2020
- Who will vote: The entire public (following the ‘one person, one vote’ rule)
- Who can they vote for: Any of the 123 top ranked restaurants, from the professional part of the selection
The voting process will finish at the end of March 2020.
The closing event will take place on 5th May 2020 at the Evergreen restaurant in Smlednik. It will be accompanied by the Gourmet 4.0 conference, the awards ceremony and the Fine Dine charity dinner made by the best chefs.
The criteria are clear, the assessment is common
Prerequisite: You only rate restaurants you have eaten at.
- Restaurant (must be open for at least one year)
- Food and drink (variety, quality of ingredients, presentation of dishes, consistency of flavors, innovation and appropriate blending of food and drink)
- Service (greeting, service, way of recommending food and drink and knowledge of the attendant staff)
On this basis, a common uniform assessment of “overall satisfaction” is made when visiting a restaurant.