Valentine’s Day is celebrated in Slovenia on February 14th, just like in many other countries around the world. On this day, people typically exchange cards, gifts, and flowers with their loved ones to express their affection and appreciation. Some couples may also go out for a romantic dinner or plan a special outing. The holiday is not a public holiday in Slovenia, so businesses and offices remain open.
Here are a few ideas for celebrating Valentine’s Day in Slovenia:
- Take a romantic hike in the Julian Alps or Triglav National Park.
2. Plan a spa day for two at one of Slovenia’s many wellness centers.
3. Enjoy a romantic dinner at a fancy restaurant in Ljubljana or other cities.
4. Plan a weekend getaway to one of Slovenia’s charming towns or villages.
5. Go on a wine tasting tour to sample some of Slovenia’s delicious wines.
6. Take a romantic boat ride on Lake Bled or the Soča River.
7. Buy a gift of chocolate or jewelry from one of Slovenia‘s many artisans.
8. Plan a day trip to one of Slovenia’s many castles or historical sites.
9. Plan a surprise romantic getaway to a nearby city such as Venice, Italy or Vienna, Austria.
10. Take a romantic boat ride on the Ljubljanica river and enjoy the sights of Ljubljana.
Keep in mind that these are just ideas, you can always come up with your own way to make this day special for you and your loved one.